Whether you’re not kitesurfing yourself or simply don’t have a clue what to get your kitesurf friend/partner, here is 10 gifts that kitesurfers will love!
[This article may cointain Affiliate links. This means that if you decide to purchase some of these resources, I earn a small commission at no additional cost for you. I only recommend selected products that I’m convinced about and that I would buy (or already did buy) myself. This is helping me to keep investing as much time and passion as I do for this blog]
1. Kitesurf World Map with over 500 kite spots
What do you do the moment you come home from a kite trip? Dream about the next one! This Kitesurf Map features over 500 kite spots (including snowkiting kite spots) and has additional info for every spot for the level of the rider (beginner/intermediate/advanced), riding preferences (flatwater, chop, waves), wind direction, wind speed (e.g. light, moderate, strong) and water temperature! Start dreaming and planning with these seriously awesome maps. Free Worldwide Shipping.
Get 10% off on all maps when using code “WAKEUPSTOKED” at checkout. > Get the map here
Btw they have tons of different maps for all kinds of activities e.g. Surf Map, Scuba Diving Map, Climbing Map, Mountain Bike Trail Map or also “regular” Travel Maps and Minimalist maps – the 10% magic code “WAKEUPSTOKED” applies for those as well!
2. Kite World Guide
This was probably one of the first purchases I made when becoming a kitesurfer 😉 Introducing almost 100 regions in nine continental chapters, it features over 1,250 of the world’s best spots. The world is a playground and this is the place where you can see all your bucket list destinations in a great overview and detail.
3. Tricktionary – learn new jumps and tricks
4. Vivida Poncho
Every kitesurfer needs a poncho – there is no better feeling than cuddling into your fluffy poncho, especially if it’s such a beautifully designed one like the Vivida ones! Plus it’s way easier to change after your session – or to simply hang out a bit longer on the beach before changing. Free worldwide shipping.
But there is so much more behind the brand Vivida – which is why I love it so much: “For the adventurers the dreamers the thinkers and the doers. Vivida is a community. A philosophy. A Lifestyle. Making the most of our precious lives.
Make sure to check out their apparel, yoga wear (the comfiest material ever!) and their kitesurf bikinis – you can find the full catalogue here.
Get 10% off when using the discount code “WAKEUPSTOKED10”.
> Visit Vivida Shop here
5. Capture the magic of your sessions
Super smooth videos with the new stabilization – finally!
I was always a big fan of using the GoPro to take pictures – however the result of the videos was always disappointing since it was super shaky when kiting. Finally with the GoPro Hero 7 black there is a very smooth video stabilization in the camera – which makes the big difference (see a comparison video here)!
The footage is so much better and even though I had a pretty new GoPro 5 I had to sell it and get the GoPro 7, the difference is really striking, especially if you use it while kitesurfing! > Get the GoPro Hero 7 black here
The best ways/angles to film your kite session with GoPro Mounts
I’ve tried a lot of GoPro Mounts (bought a lot of them and then realized after the first time filming they just didn’t work with kitesurfing or the angle was weird or just didn’t look good) and my personal favorites are:
– Kite Line Mount for this kind of perspective, e.g. the > U.Go Line Mount
– Mouth mount my latest addition to the mounts and I love it 😉 > Get the GoPro Mouth Mount here
– 3-way-Grip Selfie Stick (as a camera grip or foldable extension arm) and Tripod in one – the allrounder. > Get the 3-way-grip here
6. Fly high and measure your jumps
WOO is the main gadget out there to measure your jump height.What I like more about the Woo is the big community and the “game factor” (e.g. it shows you that when you jump over 8 Meter a badge that you could have just jumped the great wall of china). You can also earn badges (e.g. 7 jumps in one sessions over 7 meters).
7. Surf Up your home
8. Surf Up your Style
9. Kite up your style
I’ve personally been missing kitesurf inspired apparel which is why I simply started designing my own 😉 For more stoke, ocean vibes and freedom feels to whoever wears it – available for men and women. Shop here.
Kite Bikinis that actually stay on
Surf Bikinis (from left to right)
- Vivida: eco-friendly bikinis made from reused plastic bottles, some of them even reversible (10% off with code WAKEUPSTOKED10)
- Sensi Bikinis: eco-friendly and made in the US (get 10 USD off on your order using this link)
- Zealous: sustainable bikinis (get 10% off with code WAKEUPSTOKED)
10. Balance Board
Otherwise training your balance with a slackline, doing balancing exercises on a cushion (or if you are brave and really advanced on one of those big pilates rubber balls) or doing surf yoga or yoga poses with a lot of balancing also helps to get you ready for the water.
Extra: for the kid in all of us
Yeah this one just had to be there, for the inner child in all of us screaming “don’t grow up, it’s a trap!” 😉 Or if you have kids, get it for them and train them early to chase the stoke and waves
> Get the playmobil kitesurfer here
Looking for more gift ideas for kitesurfers?
– This is a very extensive guide with many present ideas for kitesurfers sorted for different needs – the eco-friendly one, the travel-hungry kiters, the kite girls, the sunseekers, the adventurours etc. Check it out here: > The Complete Kitesurf Present Gift Guide
– This is another top 10 gift guide for surfers and kitesurfers with super practical and beautiful present ideas. > Top 10 Surf and Kitesurf Presents