When I started kitesurfing I said goodbye to the thought of wearing a bikini while doing it. It took me quite some trial and error to find out there are actually so many beautiful bikinis you can kitesurf in – no matter if you like big coverage or sexy cuts, color explosions or classy onepieces. This article features the best brands for kitesurf bikinis that will stay on during your whole kite session!
[Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that if you decide to purchase some of these resources, I earn a small commission at no additional cost for you. I only recommend selected products that I’m convinced about and that I would buy (or already did buy) myself.]
1) Sensi Graves
- seriously stylish bikinis with fancy cuts that really stay on
- made in the USA, incorporate recycled fabrics, 1% donated to environmental causes
- bikinis, onepieces, surf leggings
Pro Kiteboarder Sensi Graves developed a stunning range of beautiful and sexy kite surf bikinis with lots of details. I didn’t believe they would stay on with those designs since it looked to good to be true but they did, survived every crash and are my favorite go-to surf bikini I like to use.
I bought two Sensi bikinis 2 years ago and used them A LOT! For my kite sessions or simply as bras during my holidays and travels. I’ve never had such an endurable bikini before that still looks good after such a long time of heavy use!
- beautiful, supportive bikinis
- premium quality active wear
- surf suits, poncho towels, apparel & more
When I first met David, the founder of Vivida, he had just started to produce Ponchos. It is beautiful to see a brand grow and thrive as fast as Vivida did with exceptional products and quality.
So now they have a small and ever-growing collection of bikinis and surf suits as well alongside their big collection of lifestyle wear (the yoga bras are super comfy).
> Shop Vivida Lifestyle (15% off with promo code WAKEUPSTOKED)
- surf bikinis that fit like sport bras (and can be used as such)
- out of recycled materials, made in Germany
- bikinis, leggings, surf suits, ponchos
German Kitesurfer Jocelyn was tired of losing her bikini during her sessions so she founded Josea, a brand of surf bikinis that fit like sport bras and are made out of recycled materials. I love using the tops – although they don’t look like classical bikinis so if you’re looking for something to sunbathe in they’re not for you ?
They also work for big busted girls and I love to use it as a normal sports bra as well for running, yoga etc. I’ve used the bikinis for a year quite a lot for running, hot yoga and obviously kitesurfing and they still work perfectly and never leave me even during the toughest sessions!
Each bikini is made once you ordered and sewn in the headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
- cooperation of two passionate surf girls: surf blogger Heidi and designer Marie from Zealous
- reversible so you have two designs with one bikini
- made under sustainable conditions on Bali
This is one of those stories that make my heart jump! The limited edition of the “Capsule Collection” is the result of a cooperation between two friends and passionate surf girls: Heidi, surf blogger from meerdavon, and Marie, designer at the bikini brand Zealous from Germany. Made with love and under sustainable conditions on Bali. They tried, tested and experimented a lot with the cuts to really make the stick with you even in the worst wipeouts. (Check out the full story here.)
>All pieces are reversible so you can change styles effortlessly and are available in two designs: Deep Sea (my favorite, what a surprise ? ) and Dark Grey/Pink. If you’re looking for more cuts and colours, check out the whole collection of zealous here.
- color explosions and bright patterns made in Venezuela & Brazil
- bikinis (Mix & Match), onepieces
Drika, the nickname of founder Adriana in Brazil, is a bikini that was created with a mixture of Brazilian and Venezuelan culture – which you can see in the sometimes sexy cuts that are typical in those countries. She wanted an explosive color explosion which made her feel coquette while kitesurfing. And hell yeah, those bikinis really do make you stick out with their bright colors!
Her shop is in Spanish but she offers worldwide shipping.
- collections are made in cooperations with various artists
- every collection is a limited edition made in Canada
- bikinis, surfsuits, leggings and activewear
What a rad label I just discovered while doing this research! Created by the Canadian-Venezuelan duo Annie and Servio. Akela is Hawaiian for “happy” and as they are both happiest designing and surfing it perfectly fits the brand name.
- reversible bikinis with statement prints and complimentary colors
- from Australia, ship worldwide
- bikinis, surf suits
In their collection Kokoh also has a beautiful range of bikinis you can use for kitesurfing. I don’t know if the bottoms will stay on though but it’s their signature bikini bottom with a really cheeky cut for the confident women. Most of the patterns are made out of watercolor or felt tip drawings and own photographs.
> Shop KoKoh (10% off with promo code “STOKED10”)
- sporty and elegant at the same time, reversible designs
- sustainable brand, designed and made in Europe
- bikinis and onepieces
If you like it a bit decent and elegant you’ll absolutely love the simple designs of MYMARINI! Focusing just on the essentials this eco-friendly swimwear by founder Mareen from Germany adds a lot of class to the world of swimwear and has some kitesurf-compatible pieces. Design and minimalism at its purest.
9) The Seea
- bold pattern and color combinations, elegant style
- made in the US
- bikinis, onepieces, surfsuits, rashguards
Classy bikinis and surfsuits focused on bold patterns and color contrasts while having out of the ordinary cuts and shapes. Founded by Brazilian Amanda who moved to California and was looking for swimwear that would look stylish in the line-up. She designed it for herself and got so much positive feedback she founded Seea.
Photo Credit: Lucrecia O’Keefe
- Mix & Match bikinis
- Founded and made in Costa Rica/Nicaragua by surf girl Michelle
- Bikinis, rash guards, surf leggings, activewear
Comfortabe bikinis that stay in place doing the activities you like while looking super stylish. The founder Michelle found her passion for surfing, which changed her life, only she couldn’t find swimwear that would stay on and combined functionality and femininity. So she used her design skills wisely and created a beautfiul range of surfwear.
Wear those pieces for surfing, kiteboarding, hiking, doing yoga or even going out at night.
11) More Kitesurf and Surf Brands with Bikinis and Waterwear:
- OY SURF APPAREL: beautiful Surf Bikinis, Swimsuits, Leggings and Rashguards.
- Salt Gypsy: higher priced but super stylish Surfwear, Rashguards and Surf Leggings made out of recycled materials.
- Hi oceanloving girls: Surf-proof Swimwear and Rashguards, Clothes and Accesories.
- Odina Surf: Sustainable Bikinis made in California.
- Inaska: Simple but beautiful (loving the back details!) Surf/Sports Bikinis made in Europe that really stay on, made out of recycled materials.
- Bikini Empire: sexy Bikinis and One pieces made out of sustainable materials, ethically produced in Vancouver – by the twin sisters Monica and Kelsey Rush.
- IMSY Swimwear: sexy, fashionable and reversible Bikinis, Surfsuits and Accesories.
- GlideSoul: Swimwear, Onesies, Spring Suits, Wetsuits
- Platinum Sun: Watersports Wear like Rashguards, Surf Leggings and more.
- Monique Rotteveel: Active Wear, Surf & Yoga Clothes
- Mi Ola: more sexy surfwear like bikinis (some of them surf-proof as well), rashguards and one-pieces.
> What’s your favorite bikini for kitesurfing?
That was a small selection of surf bikinis I found and loved. Did you try another brand that’s not on this list and you loved for kitesurfing? I’d love to know about it in the comments!